when i sync its not updated to the latest version.

Hello,

so im experiencing problems with syncing within a group.

I have updated my citations by adding abstracts and deleting notes which I see on my personal Zotero desktop, however when I share this collection in a group these abstracts are not there instead I get an older copy of each citation and I get the notes too which i have previously deleted.

I double checked that zotero has synced completely with no errors.

However, that case also seems to be in the desktop version where I see and older version of the citations and the notes which I have previously deleted.

please not this is only seen in the shared collection not in the original one on zotero, which is supposed to be a copy of that.
  • edited June 11, 2013
    I have previously checked this link before.

I have opened up all the sub folders to double check but still the added text in the abstract is not the same as the recently updated one or the ones modified even after syncing.

I have deleted the collection in the group and re-added it to double check yet it is still not updated.

Also the syncing is in my opinion not the issue since I see that problem in my own desktop. so my collection does not match the collection under the shared folder division.

I guess the problem is when I drag a collection to share it in the shared group folder.
  • I might be misunderstanding what's going on, but you can't actually drag the same item to a group twice - i.e. if you take an item from your library, drag it to a group, then update the item in your library and try to drag it to your group again Zotero simply won't let you do that - you can try by dragging individual items and you'll see the group you're dragging to isn't highlighted.
  • OK, right, then that has nothing to do with sync.

What adamsmith says. And empty your group trash after redragging, or else Zotero will just pull the older version out of the group trash.
  • Yes Thank you!
    deleting the trash folder seemed to be the problem.
    Zotero would constantly pull out the older version out of the group trash but now when I emptied it there was no track of it anymore so it worked.

I hope Zotero could update the group shared folder automatically if it was already changed in the main library.