Can't download word plugin?

I can't download the word plugin for mac? My computer says that I have no application that can open it... I've tried downloading from safari and chrome... any ideas?
  • why do you want to download it? It comes pre-installed in the Standalone version of Zotero.
    (If you do need to, you can download it by right-click--> save link as, but the fact that you're trying suggests you're misunderstanding something else).
  • Adam, I am having the same problem.I have a MAC, Zotero is installed, but I understand the next step is to access the "word plugin" but safari says that I have no application that can open it... I am creating already my colection and so forth but I dont know how to start writing and using the library. I went to Apple and they cannot help me. So, I dont know what Standalone is.... can you help me, please?
  • If you have Zotero installed and aren't using Firefox, you have Zotero "Standalone" (i.e. not integrated into Firefox). But note that you'll have to install two things: Zotero and the Zotero connector for Safari.

As I say above, Zotero comes with the Word plugin included, no need to download it.
    It should install the Word plugin the first time you run Zotero.