Drag item to Gnu Emacs

I'm just starting to use Zotero.

I have searched and found questions about creating a full-fledged plugin for using Zotero in Emacs. I don't want anything that fancy. I just want to be able to drag an item from the center column in the Zotero window in my browser to Gnu Emacs. Is that possible?
  • works for me - doesn't it for you? Which OS? Zotero's drag&drop just copies text to the clipboard, so if you can drag any text into emacs, you should be able to drag Zotero citaitons.

There is also a de-facto plugin for emacs org mode:
    https://bitbucket.org/egh/zotero-plain/overview
  • I'm using Windows 7 64 bit home premium. I cannot drag text into Emacs. Normally I use control-c to copy text and control-y to paste it into Emacs. But using control-c on a Zotero item does not place the text of the citation into the clipboard, so I cannot paste it into Emacs.
  • Try Ctrl-Alt-C or Ctrl-Alt-A on the Zotero item.
  • edited May 8, 2012
    Thanks. I found that Cntl-Alt-a will put the item in the form of an in-text citation and place it on the clipboard, while Cntl-Alt-c puts it in the form of a bibliography entry and places it on the clipboard. (I corrected the typo mentioned below.)
  • edited May 8, 2012
    (you can set these shortcuts in Zotero under preferences--> shortcuts)

edit: and to make sure that no one is confused by what I assume is a typo: that's ctrl+alt+a for in-text citations and ctrl+alt+c for bibliography entry/entries