Transferring a library to a Flashdrive

Are people doing this successfully and consistently? I did it once (from my library on my hard drive to Zotero on a flashdrive that has Portable Firefox and Zotero), but when I tried to update my library, I had all kinds of problems (database corrupted message) and was repeatedly unsuccessful.

I'd be grateful for any tips!
  • I have described another alternative to using Portable Firefox. Install Zotero on all the computers you use and stick the database directory on your flashdrive. This has worked well for me so far and I use a Mac at home and PC at work.
  • Emesine: Thanks for the tip. You said you copied "base folder for the reference database and such." Can you tell me what folder that is and where I would find it?

Much obliged.
  • I Created a file folder called "Zotaro regerence directory" on my portable drive. Then I took everything out of the Firefox preference directory that pertained to Zotero including zotero.sqlite and zotero.sqlite.bak and may also include other files in that same directory. Make sure you also copy the "storage" subdirectory as well. Basically you need to copy everything in the ...Firefox/profiles/zotero directory.