It says the Word plugin is outdated but I am unable to install a newer version
  • edited July 6, 2022
    [JavaScript Error: "Error: Could not remove C:\Users\[…]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\Zotero.dotm" {file: "resource://zotero-winword-integration/installer.jsm" line: 194}]"
    Likely due to security software on your computer. Delete Zotero.dotm manually from that folder, restart Word and confirm that the Zotero tab is gone, close Word, and then try to reinstall the plugin from the Cite pane of the Zotero preferences. Assuming that fails with an error, follow the manual installation instructions.
  • Hi
    I have deleted Zotero.dotm but I have been unable to restore the plugin. I cannot follow the manual installation instructions. It was working fine for me previously.
  • I cannot follow the manual installation instructions.
    You'll have to say more.
  • I cannot open this C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero
  • Or this extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\install
  • We can't help if you you don't take the time to actually explain exactly what you're doing and exactly what's happening. Remember, we can't see your screen, and we have no idea what you mean if you just say "I cannot open this".

See Steps to Reproduce for the kind of detailed, step-by-step description we would need to help you.
  • When I am following the manual installation for word plugin it says:
    Word for Windows
    Open the Zotero installation folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Zotero).
    In the installation folder, open extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\install, where you can find a copy of the Zotero.dotm file.
    I am unable to open these files
  • edited July 6, 2022
    I am unable to open these files
    Meaning what, though? What are you trying? Literally, what are you clicking on your screen? Pretend you're talking to someone on the phone and describing every single thing you're trying to do. That's the kind of description we need to help you.