Report errors 558504438

I cannot save PDF files from chrome extension of zotero, even if I download the file and open it in the chrome.
Initially, I thought it was because the Adobe DC and its chrome extension I recently installed, but then I find that I cannot save the file even if I download the file and reopen it in the chrome.
This problem happens many times, sometimes it works for general websites and opened pdf pages, but sometimes it doesn't work.
I wonder how does this happen and how to fix it.
  • Initially, I thought it was because the Adobe DC and its chrome extension I recently installed, but then I find that I cannot save the file even if I download the file and reopen it in the chrome.
    Right, neither of those will work. As a browser extension, Zotero isn't able to save PDFs displayed by another browser extension, and it's not able to save a PDF you've already downloaded to your computer (with a file:// URL). Set your browser to display (not download) PDFs and you can click the save button normally. If you download the file, you would just drag the file to Zotero — there's no need for the browser extension in that case.

Note that, when possible, you'd want to save from an article page anyway, in which case Zotero would save both the metadata and the PDF.

https://www.zotero.org/support/adding_items_to_zotero