File disappeared

Hello,

I am contacting you because I have lost a file and I would like to know if I can recover it. The file was called "digital subjects". It was still in my Zotero a few hours ago when I was home, and now it is gone (I switched computers). Could you please let me know how to recover the file? I made sure to sync my Zotero library when I was at home before coming to office. However when I arrived in office, the file wasn't there.

Best wishes

Nadia
  • Have you looked in your library online? Also, the first thing to check would be whether it's actually gone on your home computer -- otherwise it's not disappeared but just not synced.
  • Hello, thank you for your response.

So, what happened is that before leaving home yesterday to go to the office, I tried to click on the green arrow to sync all the files I had worked on at home (I had just created a new folder called "digital subjects"). When I clicked on the arrow nothing happened and I assumed the syncing was already done. However when I arrived in office, I noticed the syncing of the file had not worked. The folder neither appeared on my office computer after syncing nor on the online library. I came back home and found the folder on the computer library in the evening, and it started syncing automatically (which I had assumed had been the case before I left for work in the morning). However, now I can see that the folder only contains 19 files instead of the 25 that were in it previously. Can you check if there has been any deletion of files from this folder?
  • There are 27 items in that collection online now.