Feature requested: Link online storage with ios app

Hi,

There is no option to set the Zotero Library on iOS app with OneDrive. I wish to sync all pdf, saving from website, reading, through cloud server like OneDrive

Context: I store all my PDFs in Zotero in OneDrive through Link Attachment Base Directory. I exceed the Zotero pdf syncing long time ago. When I use ios app, it cannot find the non-existing file from the Zotero server
  • Sorry, the iOS app supports Zotero Storage and WebDAV, not linked files.
  • May Zotero ios app support linked files in the future?Thank you.
  • I agree linked files support would be a very welcome enhancement. I already pay for cloud storage, so don’t want to have to pay for Zotero Storage as well. In the meantime, I guess I’ll just have to stick to the desktop version—which is a shame as I really like the iOS app otherwise.
  • edited March 20, 2022
    @dstillman May Zotero ios app support linked files in the future?It's really important for me, thank you!
  • @dstillman Another option to open linked file is to provide a "copy attachment file name" or "share" function in the zotero iOS app, then users can search the file name or write a Shortcut script to automatically open the linked file stored in Dropbox, Onedrive, etc, as I mentioned in this post https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/95135/ios-feature-request-add-copy-attachment-name.
  • @dstillman Out of curiosity, is support for accessing linked files on iOS technically infeasible due to iOS app sandboxing?
  • @lebedov it seems like its more of a business issue. Why would they add support for a competitor that would undercut their only income source (zotero storage)?
  • @weisberga: You mean like WebDAV?
  • @weisberga As the desktop Zotero app already supports linked files on Windows/MacOS/Linux, not supporting it on iOS doesn't do much in the way of encouraging folks to use Zotero's paid storage plan.
  • would happily pay for the storage plan but the library you get is messy and unorganised and so only accessible via the Zotero app. I quite like my folders and subfolders ..... I’d rather keep my icloud storage and just pay for the ipad app instead if I could access my files that way.