Zotero not working with Google Docs

Hi!

On my laptop, the Zotero plugin in Google Docs was working properly until today. I have Zotero Connector installed and I'm able to add citations in Google Docs, but after I've added a citation and try to click it, there's no "Edit with Zotero" text on the hyperlink. Instead, it shows the Zotero.org link which is leading on Zotero web page that says

"Zotero and Google Docs
You likely ended up here by clicking on a citation created by Zotero in a Google Doc.
To safely edit the document, you should install the Zotero Connector for your browser."

I've tried updating Chrome and removing and re-installing the Zotero connector. I also tried it with Firefox but the same problem appeared. I have the Zotero client installed on my Macbook, and I always open it before starting to edit the document in Google Docs.

Could it affect if other people are editing the document simultaneously (even if they don't edit the citations)? What should I do? Thank you!
  • after I've added a citation and try to click it, there's no "Edit with Zotero" text on the hyperlink. Instead, it shows the Zotero.org link
    Are you saying this happens immediately after inserting, or later to an existing citation? Does it happen in a new document?

If you go to Add/Edit Citation, does the citation appear still in the citation dialog? "Edit with Zotero" should certainly appear on hover when the Zotero Connector is loaded, but that's more of a display issue — possibly due to Google Docs being slow — than a practical one, since you should still always be able to trigger editing via the menu or toolbar button unless the citation is actually broken in the doc.
  • @juha.gogulski Could you create a video reproducing the issue, upload it somewhere (like dropbox) and post it here or send it to support@zotero.org if you want to keep it private?
  • Hi @adomasven and @dstillman ,
    Sorry to barge in, but I found this topic and I have the same issue. De connector does work if you choose edit in the drop-down menu. So it is not broken. But hovering over it in text only shows the hyperlink and not the ability to edit. I made a video of it using an chrome extension and you can watch it via this link: https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/7936041?key=cc04f9cbb6f930a11466f00113446e85

Greets,
    Paul