Web Library Missing (almost) all entries

I recently installed Zotero on a new computer and went to sync it up with my web library as I have in the past with several other computers. To my surprise and horror, only one entry was added (from seven years ago). I thought something had gone wrong in the syncing process, but when I logged into the website and checked my Web Library, that entry was the only one listed. There was simply nothing more to sync. I am distressed. Does anyone know what could have caused this, and how I might get my library back? I did some searching online for similar questions, but almost all of them related to losing local files, not cloud files.
  • edited November 12, 2021
    Your web library isn't "missing" anything — you just either weren't syncing before or were syncing with a different account.

Your data would be on the computer where you last used Zotero, and the sync preferences there would also tell you the account you were syncing with, if there was one.
  • The last computer was wiped. I assumed I would be able to sync up from the web library. Does this mean all of my data is gone?
  • Only you would know — it depends whether you were syncing with a different account or not syncing at all. If you weren't syncing, and you don't have a backup of the old computer, I'm afraid your data is gone. If you didn't sync it, it obviously wouldn't be on Zotero's servers.