Style Error: Natura Croatica

Dear editors,

thank you for the requested citation style template. We noticed some errors in the current version of the style so I would ask you to make corrections for them. Thank you in advance for improving this style!

Corrections:

1. “et. al” should not be in small caps, only italic.
Example:
(MIHOCI ET AL. 2007; SCHMIDT ET AL. 2020)
Correct:
(MIHOCI et. al . 2007; SCHMIDT et. al 2020)

2. A comma (“,”) should be inserted after the name/names of the authors and before the year of publication

Example
(REBEL & ZERNY 1934; SLAMKA 2006; KOREN 2018, a, b, 2019; SCHMIDT & KRANŽELIĆ 2020)
Correct:
(REBEL & ZERNY, 1934; SLAMKA, 2006; KOREN, 2018a, b, 2019; SCHMIDT & KRANŽELIĆ, 2020)

3. When the same author has several papers, the bibliography should always spell out the name, and not write repetition signs.

Example:
SCHMIDT, B., 2018: Molekularno–filogenetičke i morfološke značajke zelenih žaba (rod Pelophylax) u Hrvatskoj. Diploma thesis, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, Prirodoslovno-matematički fakultet Zagreb, 78pp.

———, KRANŽELIĆ, D., MAJETIĆ, Đ., LAUŠ, B., ŠTIH, A. & KOREN, T., 2020: Distribution and conservation status of the herpetofauna of Dugi Otok Island, Croatia. Distribution and conservation status of the herpetofauna of Dugi Otok Island, Croatia. Herpetozoa 33, 191–205.

Correct:
SCHMIDT, B., 2018: Molekularno–filogenetičke i morfološke značajke zelenih žaba (rod Pelophylax) u Hrvatskoj. Diploma thesis, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, Prirodoslovno-matematički fakultet Zagreb, 78pp.

SCHMIDT, B., KRANŽELIĆ, D., MAJETIĆ, Đ., LAUŠ, B., ŠTIH, A. & KOREN, T., 2020: Distribution and conservation status of the herpetofauna of Dugi Otok Island, Croatia. Distribution and conservation status of the herpetofauna of Dugi Otok Island, Croatia. Herpetozoa 33, 191–205.

4. In the bibliography some manuscripts have two titles which needs to be removed:
example:
REBEL, H. & ZERNY, H., 1934: Wissenschaftliche Ergebnisse der im Jahre 1918 entsendete Expedition nach Nordalbanien. Die Lepidopterenfauna Albaniens (mit Berücksichtigung der Nachbargebiete). Wissenschaftliche Ergebnisse der im Jahre 1918 entsendete Expedition nach Nordalbanien. Die Lepidopterenfauna Albaniens (mit Berücksichtigung der Nachbargebiete). Denkschriften der Akademie der Wissenschaften Wien, Ma-thematisch-naturwissenschaftliche Klasse 103, 37–161.

5. In the bibliography for book quotations some lack a page number.
Example:
Jelić, D., Kuljerić, M., Koren, T., Treer, D., Šalamon, D., Lončar, M., Podnar Lešić, M., Janev Hutinec, B., Bogdanović, T., Mekinić, S. & Jelić, K., 2015: Crvena knjiga vodozemaca i gmazova Hrvatske. Crvena knjiga vodozemaca i gmazova Hrvatske. Državni zavod za zaštitu prirode, Ministarstvo zaštite okoliša i prirode, Hrvatsko herpetološko društvo - Hyla Zagreb.
Correct:
Jelić, D., Kuljerić, M., Koren, T., Treer, D., Šalamon, D., Lončar, M., Podnar Lešić, M., Janev Hutinec, B., Bogdanović, T., Mekinić, S. & Jelić, K., 2015: Crvena knjiga vodozemaca i gmazova Hrvatske. Crvena knjiga vodozemaca i gmazova Hrvatske. Državni zavod za zaštitu prirode, Ministarstvo zaštite okoliša i prirode, Hrvatsko herpetološko društvo - Hyla Zagreb. p. 232

6. In the bibliography when the name of an author contains only the last name and not first name there is a period after the authors name and there should not be one.
Example:
KOREN., 2020: The moth fauna (Lepidoptera: Heterocera) of Medvednica Nature Park, Croatia. The moth fauna (Lepidoptera: Heterocera) of Medvednica Nature Park, Croatia. Natura Croatica 29(1), 37–54.

Correct:
KOREN, 2020: The moth fauna (Lepidoptera: Heterocera) of Medvednica Nature Park, Croatia. The moth fauna (Lepidoptera: Heterocera) of Medvednica Nature Park, Croatia. Natura Croatica 29(1), 37–54.

7. In the case when there are multiple journals published with the same author and year of publication, letters need to be added to identify each paper. These letters should go immediately after the year, not written in italic and in the case of multiple journals separated by a space and comma.

Example:
(KOREN, 2018 a, b)

Correct:
(KOREN, 2018a, b) or (KOREN, 2018a).

Thank you for your time,

Regards,

Bruno Schmidt
  • edited October 27, 2021
    Hi,

it's always better for me if you just add these edit requests into the original thread you had made. That way I have everything in one place. But let's continue here now.

1-4+6,7. fixed

5: books do not have page numbers. Unlike for chapters where you're specifying the pages where that chapter is located in the book, for book citations you mean the whole book making the page information unnecessary.

Please check all item types, as I made a fair bit of changes to accommodate all the errors.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/citation-style-language/styles/11b797480c7fbc3e149cad346116332fbae929e8/natura-croatica.csl

The PR has already been accepted, so you can just refresh your citations and it should update.

• edited December 17, 2021
    Hi,

thank you for the changes.

However, this citation style does request page numbers in the bibliography, even if the whole book is quoted. Additionally, in the new citation style of a book quotation, the reference in the bibliography is written in italic when it shouldn't be. Italic is never used in the references, except when writing scientific names of flora and fauna.

Here is an example of the noted errors.

SLAMKA, F., 2006:Pyraloidea of Europe (Lepidoptera). Volume 1. Identification, distribution, habitat, biology. Pyralinae, Galleriinae, Epipaschiinae, Cathariinae & Odontiinae. Vol. 1. František Slamka Bratislava.

Correct:

SLAMKA, F., 2006: Pyraloidea of Europe (Lepidoptera). Volume 1. Identification, distribution, habitat, biology. Pyralinae, Galleriinae, Epipaschiinae, Cathariinae & Odontiinae. Vol. 1. František Slamka Bratislava, 133pp.

Also When quoting multiple articles with the same author and year, "a" and "b" are not in italic. For example in (KOREN, 2018a, b). The correct is: (KOREN, 2018a, b)

Thank you for your time,

regards,

Bruno

• Book page numbers aren't possible and as damnation explains above, they don't make sense conceptually in a reference list. The rest we'll fix