Issues exporting library

Hello,

I am attempting to export my zotero library so I can import it to zotero on a different computer. I have ~3.5 GB of stuff to export, 476 files. I'm operating on version 5.0.96.3 on a MacOS and need to move it to a windows 10 machine. When I try to export, I get a message 'An error occurred while trying to export the selected file.' There is no specified file or error code. I tried exporting smaller batches > 100 files at a time and still get the same message. Most similar issues I see threads for are fixed by updating to a new version, but I am using a newer version that in those threads.
  • While an export should work, that's not the way to move your library to another computer. See Transferring a Library.
  • Hello,

Thanks for the swift response. I'm a bit concerned that simply copying and pasting may have issues since I'm moving across operating systems. Is this still the best recommended method?
  • Yes. Or you can sync, as explained there. Either one is fine. We wouldn't recommend them if they weren't.