Not all items syncing

I have Zotero installed on a Mac (OS 10.14.6) and a PC (Windows 10). On my Mac and in my online library, there are 824 items in My Library. On my PC, there are only 816. On my PC, I'm also seeing at least one item in a collection that I removed from that collection on the Mac. I've tried syncing Zotero on the PC several times but there's no change.

From looking at a few collections and comparing items, it looks like my PC library is missing items that were modified back in April & May 2021. I added an item on my Mac today and it's showing up on my PC.

Debug ID: D17196073
  • That certainly shouldn't happen, but unless you can reproduce it it's hard to say at this point what would've caused it.

The easiest solution now, assuming your online library is correct, would be to close Zotero, delete zotero.sqlite in your data directory, restart Zotero, and sync to pull down the data from the online library.

If it's only a few items that are different, you can also just make a change to those items elsewhere — e.g., by dragging them all to a temporary tag — and sync to update them elsewhere, including on the computer where they don't currently exist.
  • Thank you! I deleted zotero.sqlite and restarted and I'm now seeing the items that were missing before.