HELP: duplicates

Hi,

I have an issue. I need to perform a systematic literature review and therefore I had many sources in Zotero over time. I deleted several collections over time and now I have my final collection of 700 sources stemming from three different databases. Now I have to delete the duplicates but in the collections from duplicates there are over 6000 duplicates because every source that was in Zotero over time is still there? I have no time to get through that many sources and delete them..
And I can not imagine that there is no way to simply find duplicates within the collections I need to (within the 700 sources)

Have you a fast solution??

I would be so thankful!
  • 1. Assign all items in the collection to a tag (just give it the same name as the collection, let's say "SR" for our purposes).
    You can either make "SR" a colored tag and then assign all items in the collection to it using select all (ctrl+a) and the keyboard number for the colored tag or you can just use select all and drag the items to the tag in the selector on the left
    2. Now go to Duplicate and filter by the SR tag by clicking on it in the selector on the left
    3. You're now seeing duplicates only in the SR collection -- and can merge those.