PDF reader and zotero://open-pdf links

This discussion was created from comments split from: Create external link to open pdf within Zotero.
  • Are "open-pdf" links only supposed to work within Zotero now? For PDF files with bookmarks, in Zotero, I can find the following link when I select the PDF attachment. Within Zotero, if I click on the hyperlink text, Zotero shall open a PDF file with the correct page number.
    zotero://open-pdf/0_9WYPFUSR/9

Yet, now on Windows 10, with its "Run" window, executing the "link" does nothing.

It seems to me that the Windows OS has no problem parsing the zotero:// protocol. The "zotero://select/item" schema is still working. For an arbitrary entry in Zotero, I can still switch to the entry with "zotero://select/items/[item ID]", where [item ID] is the citation key.
  • Are you using the Zotero beta? If so, do you have the PDF reader enabled? Where are you expecting the PDFs to open? Can you provide a Debug ID for trying this?

zotero://open-pdf links work fine for me from the Run window with the Zotero beta, but with and without the built-in PDF reader enabled.
    zotero://open-pdf/0_9WYPFUSR/9
    (Note that, while this should work, it's not the current recommended format and hasn't been for several years. This would be zotero://open-pdf/library/items/9WYPFUSR?page=9.)