Info tab fields not editable

Hi, my colleague is on a Mac and new to Zotero, and she is unable to edit the Info tab fields that do not already have information in them. For example, she used the Connector to add an Inside Higher Ed article, which Zotero called a Web Page. When we change the Item Type to Newspaper Article (or anything, or don't change it), she is not allowed to edit any fields that do not already have metadata. Thus she can't add the Publication name or Dates anything. When I do the same thing on my PC I can edit any of the Item Info fields.
  • What do you mean by "now allowed to edit any fields"? What exactly is she trying, and what's happening?

Can she or you take some screenshots or a screen recording with the built-in Screenshot app, upload them somewhere (e.g., Dropbox or Google Drive), and provide a link here, along with a Report ID?
  • Hi, thanks for responding. I am talking about the fields in the Item Info tab. In the attached image (https://oneonta365-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/jensjm538_oneonta_edu/EXX1OJ9sZ8tJqUkaZWNlO78B-1TbGKNleNTOJa20-HBfrA?e=4h9aAH) you can see my computer, which DOES ALLOW editing in Info Tab fields (in the image I have highlighted the Publication field as an example, because I was allowed to add "Inside Higher Ed" as the publication name).

Here is the problem: In my colleague's Zotero (latest edition on a Mac - she downloaded it yesterday at a workshop), she is NOT allowed to edit any fields in the Item Info tab that do not already have metadata included from whatever the Connector gleaned from the website. For example, the Publication field in the Item Info tab would be greyed out in her version, so she CANNOT add a Publication name or edit it.
  • I need a screenshot of her computer (not yours) and a Report ID from her computer in order to help further.
  • edited June 22, 2021
    @JenKellerJensen: But this is almost certainly just a misunderstanding on her part. The fields are never "greyed out". The labels are always gray. To edit a field, she would need to click on the empty field to the right of the label, which will be highlighted in the same way as on your computer. Clicking on the label itself doesn't do anything.
  • edited June 23, 2021
    As I say above, she's almost certainly just misunderstanding how the interface works and trying to click on the labels themselves. If she hovers over an empty field she'll get the exact same sort of bubble that you see and can click to edit the field.