Issue with Annotations in Group Libraries

Hello! I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about solving a problem I'm having with opening pdfs and annotating in the Zotero reader for files within group libraries.

When I try to open pdfs from the group library, I get an error message that says 'Do you want to import the file....". When I select yes, I get another error message that says "The selected file is not in a supported format" (I don't think this should be a problem, I am trying to open pdfs)

The reader and annotation functions work fine in my regular library. If I drag the same pdf into my regular library, I have no problem opening it. If I then drag that file into the group library and try to open it, I get the same error messages. Is the reader just not compatible with the group libraries?

I'm really not sure what to do to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks!
  • edited April 16, 2021
    The new PDF reader isn't yet available in group libraries — it says that in the preference that you turned on and on the announcement page.
    When I try to open pdfs from the group library, I get an error message that says 'Do you want to import the file....".
    In group libraries, PDFs just open the same way they always have: in your system's default PDF reader, or whatever you have set as the PDF reader in the preferences. It sounds like you maybe tried to set Zotero as the default PDF reader? Don't do that — that's not correct at all and won't work. That needs to be set to an actual PDF reader program on your computer or set to use the system default.