Problems with Chrome extension since latest Chrome update

Hello,

Has anyone else been having trouble with the Zotero extension in Chrome recently? The extension is either unresponsive (it reacts in one out of three or four attempts to download a citation) or gives error messages when it responds. Funny enough, the citation gets downloaded despite the error message.

I started noticing these issues in the last day or so (March 30 / April 1, 2021), which around the time I updated Chrome to Version 89.0.4389.114. I wasn't really paying that much attention so I am not 100% certain that the Zotero extension issues started after the update, but it did happen around the same time.
  • There haven't been any other reports of this, no. We'd want to see a Report ID from the Zotero Connector to start.

It's far more likely that this would be due to some other installed extension or a general problem in your Chrome profile than that it's anything related to a Chrome update. Try uninstalling and installing the Connector, and if the problem persists try disabling other extensions.