Advice - Mac Compatibility & Zotero + Mendeley Transfer to Zotero

Hello!

I am a new Zotero user (planning on downloading soon) but prior to doing so I wanted to check in on best pathways. At this point, I am about to start working on my dissertation and would really like to avoid any glitches (issues with my Mendeley account and Mac use have brought me here). I have 2 key questions I was hoping to address.

1) Do I upgrade to Big Sur Version 11.2.3 prior to download or stick with Catalina? I currently have MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 and Microsoft Word Version 16.47. Depending on everyone's experience with bugs/glitches, I am happy to upgrade or modify my software prior to downloading Zotero, but if it is better to stick where I am and if more bugs have already been sorted out I will avoid the update.
2) I have quiet a large Mendeley library. Does anyone have experience with transferring a Mendeley library with or without PDF's to Zotero? Obviously, I would prefer to keep my PDF's and citations if possible- just looking to know what is feasible and for any guidelines.

Thanks for the help,
@ja2812