Zotero Library completely blank

When I opened Zotero suddenly my Library was completely blank. No more files are showing. However, when I checked the Zotero.sqlite file and my storage folder everything was still there. In the meantime I have a new laptop and have installed Zotero again, moved the .sqlite file and storage folder to my new laptop in de Zotero database folder, but still nothing happens.

Is there something I am missing/doing wrong?
  • edited February 25, 2021
    See Locating Missing Zotero Data and provide the info requested there.

As explained there, if you have an empty 1 MB or 5 MB zotero.sqlite file but have a 'storage' folder full of your previous files, your database was deleted outside of Zotero. People sometimes do that by mistake when trying to free disk space using some system utility.

If you have larger last automatic backups in that folder, you can restore from those, though people often delete those by mistake at the same time.
  • It was indeed a Zotero.sqlite file with a size of 4,9MB so empty apparently. I looked for an automatic backup and found one with a differing size. I replaced the Zotero.sqlite by the .bak file and now my library is back to displaying all my files.

Thanks for the quick help!