new style (Italian)

edited February 26, 2021
Good evening,
I am writing my PhD thesis and I really appreciate if someone could kindly help me :)

I tried lots of styles but none is good for my needs.

I would need a style with citation in the text like this (Rossi, 2019).
If the number of page is specified, I would like to have (Rossi, 2019, p. 5),
if I have a list of citations in the text, I would like to order them in chronological order (Rossi, 2002; Bianchi, 2019),
if I have two authors, I would like to have (Bianchi e Rossi, 2020),
if I have more than two authors, I would like to have (Bianchi et al., 2020) with et al. in italics.

Concerning the bibliography, I would like something like this but I am quite flexible:

Quagli A. (2004), Comunicare il futuro: l'informativa economico-finanziaria di tipo previsionale delle società quotate italiane, Milano, FrancoAngeli.
Raffoni A., Visani F., Bartolini M., Silvi R. (2018), Business performance analytics: exploring the potential for performance management systems, Production Planning & Control, 29, 1, pp. 51-67.
Renoldi A. (1997), Valore dell'impresa, creazione di valore e struttura del capitale, Milano,
Egea.
Soin K., Collier P. (2013), Risk and risk management in management accounting and control, Management Accounting Research, 24, 2, pp. 82-87.
Cinquini L. (2000), Il “valore” nella misurazione della performance aziendale: EVA(R) e REIR (146-162) in Bianchi Martini S., Cinquini L., Di Stefano G., Galeotti M. (a cura di), Introduzione alla valutazione del capitale economico. Criteri e logiche di stima, Milano, FrancoAngeli.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
  • Could anyone help me?

Grazie, thank you, merci, danke!

Best
    Carla
  • What university/institute is the style? Could you provide a link to the citation guidelines?
  • Thank you for your reply. I am a Ph.D student at the University of Naples Parthenope but I think no guidelines exist...
  • if you need further details I can list them... thank you so much for your help
  • We generally don't do many University styles anyway, let alone one WITHOUT guidelines.

But you can use this tool to find similar styles: https://editor.citationstyles.org/searchByExample/

These are some close matches:

Sociétés Contemporaines
    The University of Northampton - Harvard
    Journal of Comparative Pathology
    Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience
    Biometrics
    University of Leeds - Harvard
    Clays and Clay Minerals
    Mineralogical Magazine
  • Thank you very much... is it possible to make little updates to one of these styles?

For example, I would like to review "Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience"
    - inserting "e" instead of "and" in the reference in the main text

- adding a space before the number of page in the main text

(e.g. Bianchi e Rossi, 1990, p. 2 instead of Bianchi and Rossi, 1990, p.2)

- adding "pp. " before the pages in the references list

- adding a . at the end of each reference, regardless of the type (journal, book etc.)

- adding both Vol. and No. in the reference list without bold

(e.g. Fiorentino, R., Garzella, S. (2015). xxx, Vol. 53 N. 7, pp. 1469-1503.)

Finally, if possible, I would like to avoid the comma between surname and initial of the name (e.g. Fiorentino R., Garzella S. (2015).)

Many thanks
  • The "e" should get activated most likely if you just switch the language of the style to italian.
    The Visual Editor is relatively easy to use: https://editor.citationstyles.org/visualEditor/
  • Thank you... you said well... "relatively" :)
  • I tried to change the language but I cannot... any advice or help to review the style is more than welcome! Thank you again :)
    Have a nice week
  • In the visual editor on the top left click on Global Formatting Options.
    Bottom field will be for language, where you can put it-IT.
  • How can I save my personal edits?
  • There is a menu top left where you can hit save, if I remember correctly.
    It will show a pop up telling you to change style ID and self link. Also give the downloaded style a matching file name then.
  • Hi, thank you for your message... wishing all is well.
    Could you please help me with reviewing "Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience"? I would need to see all authors of each book/paper in the references.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards
    Carla