lost articles/impossible to retrieve

Hi,

I know this subject has been talked about on the forum. I tried what is written on the website but couldn't achieve a succesful retrieve of my data. I also have to mention that I am a french speaker and some terms are quite difficult to understand.

The situation is as follow : This morning I was finishing the selection of articles for a scoping review. I reviewed around 1000 articles from different databases directly on zotero. From these I kept around 300 in different folders and just put the ones I didin't want in the trash. When I was done I wanted to delete files that were empty to clean my folders. I think I clicked on : deleted collection and items (which I didn't realize in the split second that I clicked) and unfortunately I can not do «undo» on zotero (crtl+Z). After doing that my 2 main folders with 150 and 70 articles were completely empty.

I tried restoring the last save that I could see that was from this morning 7:41 and the event happened around 8h30-9h but It didn't not work.

I hope someone can help me with this!

Thank you so so so much !!
  • I wanted to delete files that were empty to clean my folders
    I'm not sure what you mean here, but "Delete Collection and Items" would move any items in the selected collection or subcollections to the trash. They wouldn't be gone. So one option would be to just select everything in the trash and restore it to the library. But the collection and any subcollections would be gone, and you might need to recategorize/redelete a lot of things.
    I tried restoring the last save that I could see that was from this morning 7:41 and the event happened around 8h30-9h but It didn't not work.
    By "the last save" do you mean the last automatic backup? If that's from before you did this, that would definitely restore the database from that time, but you'd have to disable auto-sync as instructed there or else the uploaded changes would just overwrite it.
  • The thing is that they were not completely gone but yes I would have had to to the work all over again which was the same as downloading them again from the databases.
    Yes that's what I meant ! And now I see what it didn't work... exactly didn't disable the auto-sync. Now everything is back to my backup from this morning ! thank you so much for your answer !!