Restore desktop Zotero from web library?

Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong format/place for this question, but I don't know where else to ask.

I updated my Mac's OS yesterday and when I restarted the computer and opened my Zotero this morning, the desktop library was completely empty. My web library is fine, and I made sure not to sync the empty desktop. Then, I unlinked my account from the desktop, re-downloaded the Zotero application, and logged back in...but I can't figure out how to get my library back on my desktop, not just the web. Is there a fix or something commonsense that I'm not doing? Any help is more than appreciated!

• Updating macOS shouldn't affect your Zotero data unless you actually did a clean install. It's just a folder on your computer.

You can see Locating Missing Zotero Data and, if you can't figure out, provide the information requested at the bottom.

One way or another, if your data is all online, you can always just sync to pull it down, but if you didn't actually intend to wipe data on your computer, it'd be good to figure out what happened.