Problems with pdf's highlighting syncs

Hi!

I have a problem with the sync of the pdfs, especially the highlights. It doesn't work the sync between devices. Also, I've noticed that I never get that notification that warns you there are conflicting versions of the same document, maybe that's related to the sync problem?

I've tried to search for a solution here in the forum but I couldn't figure it out what to do.

Also, in the 'sync' tab in 'preferences', everything is ticked (the sync everything option, etc)...

Any detail I'm missing?

Thanks a lot!!
  • edited December 14, 2020
    The most likely reason would be that the annotations aren't being saved back to the original file (as opposed to, say, some sidecar file), or the file modification date isn't being updated. That would depend on the PDF reader you're using, and is something you could check in the filesystem.

Zotero just syncs modified files — it doesn't know anything specifically about annotations.
  • thanks so much for the quick answer dstllman, I forgot to say that I use foxit reader.

Now trying with adobe reader everything works well, so the problem might have had to do with foxit. It's unfortunate cause I prefer foxit for pdfs but anyways...