Cannot connect reference in Google Docs with Zotero library

Debug ID: D1652709137
  • You'd have to say more about what you're doing and what's happening.

But to start, restart Zotero and your browser, and make sure you're choosing the same Google account you used to create the document when prompted by the plugin.
  • I am working on a mac, in Google Docs, and have a Zotero library that a collaborator created and we have both been adding items to the library. I have the Zotero connector installed, but when I want to connect a citation from the google docs document the library in Zotero, it cannot connect. I have restarted the browser and google drive, but no change.
  • I have the Zotero connector installed, but when I want to connect a citation from the google docs document the library in Zotero, it cannot connect.
    I still don't know what you mean by that. See the section I linked to for the kind of description we need.
  • The red Zotero bar appears, it seems to be searching for something, but the bar disappears eventually and no connection between the citation and Zotero is accomplished.
  • edited October 25, 2020
    The citation dialog is almost certainly just opening behind your other windows. Cycle through your Zotero windows to find it.
  • Debug ID: D1652709137

When I try to connect a citation in google docs file, for examples

(Carlquist, 1988) and I go to the Zotero add on in the goole docs file, and select "Add/edit citation"

The red horizontal status bar from Zotero appears, the blue inside this bar is moving, but never completes and continues to run.

There is not error message displayed.
  • When I try to connect a citation in google docs file, for examples

(Carlquist, 1988) and I go to the Zotero add on in the goole docs file, and select "Add/edit citation"
    I'm still not sure what you're saying here, or what you mean by "connect". Are you saying "(Carlquist, 1988)" is something that's already in your document, or are you just trying to insert a new citation into the document? You don't "connect" an existing citation to Zotero. You insert a citation from Zotero into your document.
    the bar disappears eventually
    the blue inside this bar is moving, but never completes and continues to run
    These seem contradictory. Which is it?
    (3)(+0003798): HTTP POST http://127.0.0.1:23119/connector/document/execCommand

(3)(+0000616): Connector: Method document/execCommand failed with status 503
    Can you provide a Debug ID from Zotero, rather than the Zotero Connector, for trying to insert a citation?
  • I do not know where the debug ID is in Zotero. It is not contradictory, the blue bar was in the background behind my other windows.
  • I linked to Debug ID instructions.
    It is not contradictory, the blue bar was in the background behind my other windows.
    So you're saying the progress bar remains open, but moves behind your other windows, and no other window appears, in front of or behind your other windows?

You didn't answer my other question.