Capitalization of English title and German series

If I have a work – such as a book, or a book section – with an English title, but the series it belongs to has a German name, how do I avoid the wrong capitalisation of the German?
  • Wrap the German text in these tags:
    <span class="nocase"> </span>
  • I tried this in Jurism, in an English variant field that is a translation of a German title, but it made no difference. Does Jurism process this differently from Zotero?
    The example, as I enter it, is
    “Oil Paintings, Watercolours and Pencil Drawings from the van der Grinten Collection”
    This is erroneously rendered as
    “Oil Paintings, Watercolours and Pencil Drawings from the Van Der Grinten Collection”
  • edited May 12, 2021
    Jurism and Zotero use the same citation processor. Enter that title as:

Oil paintings, watercolours and pencil drawings from the <span class='nocase'>van der</span> Grinten collection
  • That does not solve the problem! The problem is the unwanted capitalisation of van der Grinten.
  • Sorry. I mistyped. See above for how to use span to indicate a non-English section of an English title
  • If the nocase tag isn't working, can you copy the title field, exactly as you have it, here, placed between <code> tags?
  • edited May 12, 2021
    OK. I made two test references, one in English and one bilingual, to see if Jurism variants have anything to do with it. I set them up in a test document with the Jurism language settings the same as the thesis but with the citation style set to the standard MHRA3 (not my new no-caps version).

In both cases the English title is entered exactly as @bwiernik typed it (I copied and pasted it):
    Oil paintings, watercolours and pencil drawings from the <span class='nocase'>van der</span> Grinten collection
    The German title is capitalised for German.

The result this time (I thought it was different last time but did not keep the results) is that in neither case is the tag recognised; Jurism simply includes it in the text (I have had to use 'code' tags here to render them in this forum:
    [1] Oil Paintings, Watercolours and Pencil Drawings from the <span Class=’nocase’>van Der</span> Grinten, ed. by Klaus Gallwitz (Köln: DuMont, 1987).
    [2] Ölfarben, Wasserfarben und Bleistiftzeichnungen aus der Sammlung van der Grinten [Oil Paintings, Watercolours and Pencil Drawings from the <span Class=’nocase’>van Der</span> Grinten Collection], ed. by Klaus Gallwitz (Köln: DuMont, 1987).

The italicisation in the original was correct, but I cannot show that here between 'code' tags!
  • It's <span class="nocase">, with double quotes.
  • Ah. Now it works in Jurism, both in the main header and in a variant :-)