Help: how to make a new citation style for Markdown - Zotero link with title

I'd like to create a new citation style for inclusion in Markdown documents. Ideally, I'd be able to copy the citation out of Zotero as [Title](Zotero link), where Zotero link is along the format of (zotero://select/library/items/7TRHM38L).

I've tried with Zutilo and got as far as copying the link out easily, but is Zutilo even necessary?

Can I edit a citation style to follow the format I want? I've tried this tool (https://editor.citationstyles.org/visualEditor/) and understand how to added the prefix, suffix, title and regular URL, but am not sure how to add a Zotero link. Thanks for any help, this has me stumped.
  • No, you can't generate Zotero select styles links using CSL. You can build what you want as a javascript export translator that wouldn't be too complicated.
  • I think BetterBibTeX can already generate Zotero select links.
  • So can Zutilo, but I don't think they generate the specific markdown link format requested here. (The javascript is quite simple, though, it's 10 lines of code or so)
  • If you happen to sit behind a Mac: try Hook (there's a free trial version). It's a small and ingenious piece of software that creates links between websites, local files and, amongst many other things, between Zotero entries – these links can be in markdown. Use it on Zotero items and paste the resulting markdown link into your favourite MD-App - works a treat.