Error Report ID: 1118630292

I updated my lap top (pc) and now my Zotero connector doesn't download the PDF file of an article. It only downloads a snap shot of the article. Prior to the update, my Zotero connector was functioning fine.
  • What's an example URL, and what happens? Do you see the PDF with a red X next to it in the save popup, or do you not see it at all? If the former, we'd want to see a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) from Zotero (not the Zotero Connector) for a save attempt for which the PDF fails to download.
  • This is the article's URL that I was trying to download to my Zotero library: https://psycnet-apa-org.eres.library.manoa.hawaii.edu/fulltext/2019-65952-001.pdf?sr=1

When I click the "save to Zotero" connector on my Chrome tool bar (it looks like a gray paper icon) a drop down menu shows three things: my Zotero folder the file will save to, the name of the article next to a gray paper icon, and then a snap shot. It doesn't show a PDF.
  • It looks like Zotero isn't detecting that page properly. The PDF issue is secondary — you won't even get high-quality metadata as is. (That's the thing to report here, for future reference — you can see based on the save button icon that it's not even detecting the page as a journal article, and if you hover over it it will say that it detected it as just a webpage.)

This was likely a site change and has nothing to do with a Zotero update. I've pushed an update to the translator that may help. Unfortunately APA PsycNet is very aggressive about blocking, which makes it essentially impossible to test and often difficult to save from. But you can try. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.

If you're not able to save from the site, you can paste the DOI into Add Item by Identifier in Zotero and then save the PDF separately and drag it on top of the new item.
  • Thank you! I'll try these solutions.