report id 973738733

i am not able to add bibiliography and references in my article file..
  • The server threw an exception.
    [cursorInField:\vboxsvr\adomas\zotero\word-for-windows-integration\build\zoterowinwordintegration\document.cpp]"]
    Does this work in a new, empty document? If so, see Debugging Broken Documents for your existing document. If not, what exact, full version of Word is this?
  • word 2013.....other files are working fine... even document was repreapred again the same problem..
    not able to add new ref in zotero
    when i add new reference the file gets it closed automatically then can be recovered
    not able proceed further..
  • We need the full version number.

But if other documents are working, see the debugging steps I linked to above.
  • Sequence of events:
    1. started manuscript with zotero
    2. everything went fine till i pasted a table from another word (Office 13) file to the main manuscript file
    3. wanted to add reference numbers to the table
    4. first 2 rows - reference number added and working fine.
    5. problem started from 3rd row. when i try to reference to the author/study - the whole word file stooped working - had to close and reopen then start wrking again - the problem persists.
    6. error shwon is "Zotero experienced an error updating your document" Would you like to view troblu shooting instructions? Yes/No
    7. tried almost all trouble shoting instruction shown in zotero - problem persist
    8. Re wrtitten file on new word file and tried again - Problem persists after 3rd row of the table..(Before that everything worked fine)
    9. Debugging done - problem persists
    10. Word file work fine without table (whethr copy pasted ot redrawn)
    11. after various hit and trial solutions somehow i could add reference to 3rd row but the problem persists from 4th rom.
    12. Even tried re adding all bibtex file to zotero (importing n redesigned the manuscript- problem persist)
    13. The main issue is word file stops working and then open by itself.. but dfficult to work on that file.. Then i close that file and reopen.. then i can ork on that..but gain from 3 or 4th row of table SAME PROBLEM PERSISTs.

Plz let me know the solution...
  • Debug Id - D253485450
    Report Id - 2036776770

Sequence of events:
    2. everything went fine till i pasted a table from another word (Office 13) file to the main manuscript file
    5. problem started from 3rd row. when i try to reference to the author/study - the whole word file stooped working - had to close and reopen then start wrking again - the problem persists.
    6. error shwon is "Zotero experienced an error updating your document" Would you like to view troblu shooting instructions? Yes/No
    7. tried almost all trouble shoting instruction shown in zotero - problem persist
    8. Re wrtitten file on new word file and tried again - Problem persists after 3rd row of the table..(Before that everything worked fine)
    11. after various hit and trial solutions somehow i could add reference to 3rd row but the problem persists from 4th rom.
    12. Even tried re adding all bibtex file to zotero (importing n redesigned the manuscript- problem persist)
    13. The main issue is word file stops working and then open by itself.. but dfficult to work on that file.. Then i close that file and reopen.. then i can ork on that..but gain from 3 or 4th row of table SAME PROBLEM PERSISTs.

Plz let me know the solution.
  • Debug Id - D253485450
    Report Id - 2036776770

Sequence of events:

• Debug Id - D253485450
    Report Id - 2036776770
    MS Office - word 2013
    verison microsoft windows 10 home single language
    10.0.10941 build 10941
    processor core i5 6200U CPU @ 2.63Ghz

Sequence of events:

• microsoft office professional 2013
  • We'll look into it, but cannot guarantee a quick fix since citations in tables are quite difficult to work with on all word processors unfortunately. For now you can work around this by inserting citations somewhere in the main text of the document and copying them into the table when finalizing the document.
  • Dear Adomasven,

the trick worked well .. i changed the table to text. then added references..and then copied each reference the table column.. and it worked well..
    Thankyou so much for prompt reply
    humble regards
  • Note that you will run into issues when trying to update the whole document later, when ibid status of these references changes, etc. If you do, you will have to copy them out of the table before proceeding with updates.