Zotoro tab is not available

It works fine on my personal computer, but not on my employer's computer. We finally got the Zotero PlugIn for Word installed, and all of the macros are present, but the tab does not appear. I have applied all of the fixes in the troubleshooting instructions, but they did not work. This is for Microsoft Word in Office 365.

I created a custom tab and put the macros in it, but there is a problem: there are nine macros, but only five buttons in the Zotero tab in my personal machine. I notice that there are some seemingly overlapping macros: Add/Edit Citation, Add Citation, and Edit Citation, and the same configuration for Bibliographies. The Zotero tab on my personal computer contains only Add/Edit... buttons. Am I correct in assuming that I should be using the Add/Edit... macros, and the Add... and Edit... macros are actually subroutines called by Add/Edit...? Would it be correct to leave the Add Citation, Edit Citation, Add Bibliography and Edit Bibliography macros off my homemade Zotoro tab, and use only the Add/Edit... macros? Or is the operation of the buttons on the Zotero tab more complex than that, and I shouldn't be calling the macros directly and individually?
  • Would it be correct to leave the Add Citation, Edit Citation, Add Bibliography and Edit Bibliography macros off my homemade Zotoro tab, and use only the Add/Edit... macros?
    Pretty sure that'd work yes. You'd have to test, obviously -- the fact that they don't appear by themselves is odd and might indicated other restrictions -- but if they work in general, you should be fine.
  • They do seem to work, so I'll stick with that approach. Thank you!
  • Yeah, that should definitely work. I, for example, edited my own Zotero.dotm template to put the Zotero section on the References tab instead of its own.