Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure that Zotero is open and try again

Hi there, I am experiencing this problem, which until recently I have not. I've tried disabling/enabling the plug-ins, to no avail. In Word, the Zotero plug-in is attached. I've restarted both Word and Zotero many times. Alas, I am still experiencing this isssue.
Can you please provide some assistance in this case? This is really urgent.

D1622903052
  • edited June 23, 2020
    Intel Mac OS X 10.0
    Zotero requires macOS 10.11 or later. Any Mac running 10.10 (Yosemite) should be able to be upgraded to at least 10.11 (El Capitan).
  • Hi again, thanks for your quick reply.

My Mac version is the latest one Version 11. Beta (Big Sur). I've moved from Catalina.
    My Word version is 16.38.
    I've also noticed that I cannot open any documents from my library in Zotero. However, I can add new ones.
  • Report ID: 389021002
  • edited June 23, 2020
    HI! When do you think Zotero will support Big Sur? I believe this is causing my problem. Yesterday, Zotero was working. After I installed the new macOS version 11 Big Sur, Zotero stopped working.
    What options do I have?
  • edited June 23, 2020
    You shouldn't expect any software to be working on day 1 of a macOS developer beta, and you need to say that you're running a beta OS when reporting any software problems — Zotero can't even identify the OS version correctly yet.

We expect to support Big Sur by the time it launches in the fall. It might work sooner, but there's no guarantee of that. Full compatibility will likely require significant work.
  • To repeat what I said in the second thread you opened on this, if you have urgent work, there's no reason in the world you should be updating to a beta version — let alone the first developer beta from WWDC — of macOS on your production machine. I don't know why you would possibly do that and expect not to have problems.