Chicago Style (full note) bibliography outputs not correct

Hello, hoping someone can give me a hand! I have used Zotero with MLA and Chicago (author-date) styles for years with no problems, but I need now to use Chicago (notes and bibliography). The style should be:

Zadie Smith, Swing Time (New York: Penguin Press, 2016), 315-16.

But it's coming out:

Hodge, Francis. Yankee Theatre: The Image of America on the Stage, 1825 - 1850. Austin: Univ. of Texas Press, 1964.

I have tried with several different sources and it comes out the same way. To generate the citation I go to "create bibliography," select "Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (full note)," output mode "bibliography," output method "copy to clipboard." This has worked fine for years; can anyone tell me why it's coming out wrong now? Thank you!
  • You should be using output mode --> "note" and not "bibliography" for the output you want. Also, as a heads-up, you'll want to use the "full-note" and not the "note" version of Zotero for that citation.

What Zotero produces is correct for Chicago Manual bibliographies and it has worked like this for many years (before which it wasn't possible to produce the note option via right-click at all)
  • That's done the trick! Thanks very much.