Corrupted Zotero logins database

Hello,

I am seeing the following error message:

Zotero cannot access your login information, possibly due to a corrupted Zotero logins database.

Close Zotero, remove cert9.db, key4.db, and logins.json from your Zotero profile directory, and re-enter your Zotero login information in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences.

I followed the instructions and closed Zotero and deleted the two db files (logins.json was not there). When I reopen Zotero, I see the same error message. I go to re-enter my login information in the Sync pane and there is a rotating green arrow next to the "Set up syncing" button that will not stop spinning. Also, I recently got a new Mac, so I don't know if this is related to do that. Should I uninstall and reinstall Zotero on this new computer?
  • Can you provide a Report ID?
  • Here it is: 477676172
  • Close Zotero and try deleting any of these files that you find:

- key4.db
    - cert9.db
    - logins.sqlite
    - key3.db
    - cert8.db
    - secmod.db
    - pkcs11.txt
  • Thank you. I tried doing that, and was able to delete all of them except two that were not there (logins.sqlite and pkcs11.txt). I got the same error message within Zotero when I opened it back up, and the following error message when I tried to sync from the Preferences folder:

Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]
  • I'm not sure what's causing that, but try creating a new Zotero profile. It might default to a new empty data directory when you do that, but you can change it to point back to your original data directory from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • Hello!
    I got this message:

Zotero cannot access your login information, possibly due to a corrupted Zotero logins database.

Close Zotero, remove cert9.db, key4.db, and logins.json from your Zotero profile directory, and re-enter your Zotero login information in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences.

I tried to deleted the files, but I couldn't find them, so I open Zotero again and tried to Sync it. There wasn't any problem. Or at least, I didn't notice anything strange. I hope that it won't happen again.