'Insert Bibliography' not working properly

Hello,

I have seen variants of this complaint here before, but have not found anything to help with this specific problem. I am using Word 2011 for Mac (very stable) with Zotero 5.0.82.

I have selected ASA 6th Edition in Style Manager, so a citation should look like this in the inserted bibliography:

Alexander, Christopher. 1977. A Pattern Language: Towns, Buildings, Construction. New York: Oxford University Press.

Instead, the 'insert bibliography' function places the entries in the following format, which looks something like the American Anthropological Association (?) style:

Alexander, Christopher
1977 A Pattern Language: Towns, Buildings, Construction. New York: Oxford University Press.

I have tried to troubleshoot this, but cannot seem to find the problem. Help!!

Joseph
  • edited April 4, 2020
    The Style Manager isn't where you select an output style — that's just for adding and removing styles. You select the output style where you actually create the bibliography, either in the "Create Bibliography from Items" window or, if you're using the word processor plugin, in the plugin's document preferences window. The latter shows up when you first use the plugin in a document, and you can open it later from the button in the plugin's toolbar.