Why doesn't the text in Notes wrap?

I like to write a brief precis of article contents (their title is often unhelpful). I put this precis in Notes, and keep Notes open in the right pane, so that my comments are always visible.

However the text in Notes doesn't wrap. I can't imagine any useful purpose being served by the text not wrapping. What's the point? Can one make it wrap?
  • It certainly wraps by default. You can try it in a new note, or in a separate note window.

If it's happening for even new notes in the right-hand pane, there's something wrong with your setup. Take a screenshot, upload it somewhere (e.g., Dropbox), and post a link here.
  • https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7l8my0cx1unrlf7/AACyTa47QuBQjHVDvh8ZuYKZa?dl=0

You'll see that the 3rd item, beginning with "Ordinary citizens.." has a longish note. In the right pane it is
  • Oh, you mean the Notes tab, not the note itself. They don't wrap because it's intended as a list of notes, so that you can quickly select one or delete it without scrolling through a potentially long note.

It might make sense to wrap it to two or three lines, though, given that there's already a one-line view in the middle pane if you expand the parent item. (The new web library does show two lines.)
  • web library?
  • Yes, the Web Library on zotero.org, accessible from the top of this page.
  • VERY Nice! What's its purpose? Beautiful!
    That's exactly the notes behaviour that I want.
  • The web library lets you access your library when you're not able to use the desktop app — on someone else's computer, on a computer where you can't install it, on a mobile device. Some of the design changes in the web library, including this one, will likely be brought back to a future version of the desktop app.
  • I hope so.
  • Hmmm "Extra" numbering doesn't sort in the New Web LIbrary
  • We'll look into that.
  • The Extra column is now sortable on the web library.
  • Thank you for the useful information.
    My current solution is to change the layout to stacked view.
    It can display a bit longer notes.
  • Just stumbled over this problem (no line wrapping in Notes), my solution was to change from "Preformatted" to "Paragraph" in the drop down menu. Hope this helps.