For a collection with 71 items, the bibtex export has only 25

I have a collection containing 71 items. When I export this collection to bibtex format, I get a .bib file containing only 25 items. Most of the references in that collection are simply not present in the exported .bib file at all.

I'm using the zotero.org website to access my collection. The steps I follow are:
- Click on the three dots to the right of the collection name
- Select "Export Collection"
- Choose BibTeX as the export format (or BibLaTeX, same result)
- Click "Export"

This process seems simple enough that I'm not sure what I could possibly be doing wrong.
  • Do you have "Show Items from Subcollections" enabled in the View menu? The export will only include items that actually exist in the current collection.
  • Oh, wait, you're using the website — disregard the above.

We'll get back to you on this. In the meantime, if you want to do this, you should use the desktop app.
  • @TomPace101: For now, your best option is to select all the items in the list and export them that way. That should work for up to 100 items.

Export Collection shouldn't really even be there at the moment, since we don't currently have a way of implementing that on a technical level. (You can't retrieve more than 100 items at a time via the API for standard performance/stability reasons, so implementing large exports — which need to have all the items at once — would require some sort of asynchronous background process with clients polling for results.)

For now, if you want to export >100 items, use the desktop app instead.