Trying to troubleshoot some Zotero for Mac issues

I use Zotero for Mac (version 5.0.82). It was working fine until recently, and now I'm noticing some problems that I can't seem to fix.

1. I use APA style and have noticed that sometimes it uses the first name initial in the in-text citation, when it should not be included.

2. All of my citations with more than two authors are showing up as et al. in the in-text citations, which is fine except the first one should always have the full list of authors.

3. When I produce my reference list, the publisher location is not showing up even though I have it entered in the "place" field.

4. Lastly, which item type should I use for a non-journal article that is published online? I'm trying to include a citation that includes author(s), date, and says retrieved from and includes the URL.

Any guidance would be much appreciated! Thank you! Jessica
  • 1. I use APA style and have noticed that sometimes it uses the first name initial in the in-text citation, when it should not be included.
    See https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/given_name_disambiguation
    3. When I produce my reference list, the publisher location is not showing up even though I have it entered in the "place" field.
    APA 7th edition, which Zotero now follows by default, no longer requires the publisher place. If you want APA 6th edition, you can reinstall that from the Zotero preferences.