How to add a nonbibliographical note

This is my 2nd day using Zotero. I have a 20+ page document and have added footnotes to it with the biblio information (mostly books) that I loaded into my Zotero. However, I haven't figured out how to add Comments. These would be explanatory notes that, unlike my footnotes, wouldn't contain biblio information but, instead, comments to further explain information in the text.
For example, my document might say "Washington paid $5M for the house"(#5: The Life of George Washington, Prentice-Hall. 2020. p. 23), where the Stuff in parenthesis represents the little "5" superscript and the biblio info that already appears in my footnote #5 at the bottom of the page. The problem is that I also want to add a note at the end of that "Washington paid $5M for the house" sentence saying "Washington used the money he had borrowed from his father." However, I don't want the text of this note to appear within the text of the article. How do I make it appear at either the bottom of the page (but separate from the biblio footnotes already there), or at the end of my document? Thanks.
  • I'm a bit confused by this description. The standard way to do this would be for the footnote to say:

5. The Life of George Washington, Prentice-Hall. 2020. p. 23. Washington used the money he had borrowed from his father."

You can do that by adding ". Washington used the money he had borrowed from his father." into the suffix field for the citation in Zotero. see https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage#customizing_cites

You can, alternatively, use Word to insert a new Footnote and just type into that, but having footnotes right next to each other is highly unusual in academic writing.