Error when changing document preferences

Hi,

I'm a new Zotero user - quite excited about it until just now when I want to change my document preferences, not to a specific type, but to see what type I prefer.

By random, I started using the Chicago Manual of Style 17th edition (full note) with endnotes. When trying to change document preferences, a box appear saying: "Zotero experienced a problem updating your document (In Danish). Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?". A read another discussion in this forum, in which it was recommended changing to footnotes instead of endnotes. I tried that and the document preferences could in fact be changed after that, but

1) For many of the reference styles, I now can't see my references at all.
2) I actually prefer the references at the end of the document insted of at the bottom of each page.

What to do?

Reference ID (initially, when I couldn't change document preferences: 1457986151.

Best regards,

Lise
Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen
Denmark
  • 1) I'm guessing most styles you're looking at are numeric, which means the citation is just a number. To see the full references associated with those numbers, add a bibliography.

2) You can still used endnotes with styles (though my guess is you actually want one of the numeric ones as described in 1)), they just don't behave well when switching to other styles, so you have to go through the footnote version first if you want to do that.