How to introduce "With a contribution by..." in a Zotero citation?

Hi, how do you do in Zotero when you have someone that is mentioned as contributor after the authors? For example: "With a contribution by...". Should I also place this whole sentence and the full name of the contributor in the Author tab? Thank you very much for your help!
Aina
  • If you just want to include the information in your library for searching, etc., enter this person as a Contributor. If you want it to show up in your bibliography/citations, how exactly do you want it to appear? Can you give an example? What citation style are you using?
  • Hi Bwiernik, thank you very much for your quick answer. In the report it appears as: name of the author, and following it reads: With a contribution by S. Birmingham. My question is: how should this contributor appear in the bibliography? I usually use IEEE style. I always introduce the authors in Zotero, but I have never encountered a mention to a contributor. Thus, I'm not sure how should I cite this. Should it appear in the citation? Or should I discard it and just go with the authors? If I would decide to introduce a contributor in the citation, where should I do so within Zotero's citation input system? In the Authors' tab? Is there a specific tab for this? Thank you very much!
  • For most styles, I would just omit that person from the reference entirely. Enter it as a Contributor in Zotero. It won’t appear in citations, but that is consistent with most practice.
  • Ok great, will do as you say. Thank you very much for your help!