Conflict resolution error

Hi,
I'm struggling with a conflict resolution error. I have used zotero on my laptop for years, but recently have tried to sync it with another computer. I keep getting a conflict resolution error message saying "the following item has been changed in multiple locations" and won't sync. When this happened to me before, I deleted the item and fixed the problem. Oddly, this time I can't locate the item anywhere - not on either of the computers, nor on my online zotero account. My report ID is 1719209462. Can you help me?
Thanks!
  • When you get the conflict resolution video, can’t you just select the version you want to keep and then click OK?
  • Hi! Sorry for the delayed response - thought I replied but it didn't save.

@bwiernik I have tried selecting both the local and the remote versions, in turn, and the same error message keeps popping up and Zotero still cannot sync. I don’t anticipate needing to use this reference anymore, which is why I just tried to delete it, but I can’t find it to delete.

@dstillman I appreciate the link - that seems to describe my situation but I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Any thoughts?
  • The point is that the conflict resolution dialog isn't an error. If you're actually receiving a sync error, that's what you need to tell us, and you need to tell us what it says.

If you are receiving an error, can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt, clicking through the CR window and waiting until you get the actual error?
  • Thanks for clarifying. I logged back in today and now I'm not getting an error, though I did with my first few attempts - odd! I will reach out to you again if it recurs. Thanks for your help.