No start after update

Zotero 5.0.60 was running on a Windows Server 2008 32Bit-System, Service Pack 2.
After messaging an update in start-process program didn't start any longer. There is a system-message 'zotero.exe ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung'.
I don't know how it's formulated in English, but it seems that the program is no longer accepted as a 32-bit app.
  • edited December 8, 2019
    Zotero requires Windows 7 or later.
  • If it's an emergency, you can redownload Zotero 5.0.77, but you should really upgrade to a modern version of Windows. Mainstream support from Microsoft for Windows 2008 Server ended in January 2015, and extended support ends in January 2020.
  • Much thanks for prompt advice.
    I'm bound in a big institutional system, so remedy regarding OS will not be soon.
    Installing version 5.0.77 enabled program to start again.
    To prevent future troubles with updates I've set in configuration editor:
    app.update.auto - false
    app.update.enable - false

May be of interest: Zotero is running here in moment with database of more than 60000 records with good performance.

• We've disabled pushing >5.0.77 for Vista and Windows Server 2008, so you can revert those settings to make sure you do receive updates later after your OS is upgraded. You can verify that updates aren't being offered by checking for updates manually. You'll also now be offered 5.0.77 from the download page.

(We had already stopped offering >5.0.77 to Windows XP, but I added the Vista equivalents just now.)