Zotero tab not in word

Hi, I cannot get the Zotero-tab to get into word.

I have a windows-pc and have tried all the things in this thread: https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting

But the zotero-tab still does not appear in word.

Can anyone help me out?
  • What Word version?

Can you say all the things you tried from that page and what happened at each step?
  • I have word 2016 version 1902 (Build 11328.20468 Click to run)

I was under Word for Windows
    I went into the zotero-application and made sure it is enabled to connect to word. I even tried disabling it, then restarting, and then enabling it and restart again.
    Point 2: About running the apps as the same user, I dont quite understand how to check.

I tried finding the developer-tap, and I did, but when I go to word add-ins, there is nowhere to see zotero (so i cannot check i off), because it is not present. And then it is back to the zotero app, so it just goes round in circles.

• About running the apps as the same user, I dont quite understand how to check.
    That's an instruction for something else.

You want to follow these steps:

https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#zotero_tab_does_not_appear_in_the_word_ribbon
  • Specifically, you don't say that you've tried reinstalling the plugin from the Cite → Word Processors tab of the Zotero preferences and restarting Word, or if you've tried the manual installation instructions linked from the bottom of that section.
  • I tried the Trust Centre-thing, and it still does not work.

Reinstalling what plugin from what cite? I am not that handy with software.
  • edited November 26, 2019
    There are instructions in the linked section.
    Go into Zotero Preferences → Cite → Word Processors and click “Install Word for Windows Add-in”. Restart Word.
    The Zotero preferences can be opened from the Edit menu in Zotero.

If that doesn't work, you should try the manual installation instructions, as it says after that in that section.
  • It worked. Thank you for your help and patience :)

An idea to maybe number your titles (1 - 1.1 - 1.3, etc.) in your guides? Its a long guide and every paragraph looks alike - then it may be easier to guide the users :)