Freeing up Space

I deleted some files and emptied the trash but it does not seem to free up any space.

I am on the 2 GB plan.

I show that I am up against limit so I deleted a number of files.

How do I identify large files and free up space.
  • The quota is solely online, so if you're at your quota when you try to sync, deleting files locally wouldn't necessarily put you under, since you might have a lot more locally.

There's no way to check for file size from within Zotero but you can use a tool for your operating system on the 'storage' directory of the Zotero data directory, and if you find a large file search for the 8-character folder name in Zotero in All Fields & Tags mode and delete the attachment.
  • I actually deleted the files online. So I was working online at the time.

Just the same, I will work on the other suggestion.
  • In the Zotero data directory I do see a large folder. It has an MP4 file in it. However, I cannot locate it in Zotero using either the folder name or the name of the file. Do you have any suggestions for how to find it?
  • Unless the file is orphaned somehow (in which case it wouldn't count against your online quota) or in the trash, searching by the folder name in All Fields & Tags name in the library root will definitely work. If you have multiple libraries, you'd need to check in the root of each.
  • I have similar storage issue. Honestly I think Zotero staff should consider allowing a bit more space for each plan (or at least have an intermediary one between 2 and 6Go). The prices haven't changed for years and the cost of storage is obviously decreasing every year.

I love Zotero but I hate loosing my time cleaning up my library...

Many thanks,
  • I'd make a plus one for a search option by attachment file size, particularly if your attachments are only in the cloud.