"loading items..." Zotero will not complete startup

I have been using Zotero for several years, and I have never had any issues. Today when I went to open the program, it got hung up and would not move past the "loading items..." display in the main window. The report ID I received is: 507502664. I have tried to repair my database using the online upload, both with chrome and explorer however I have received error pages after clicking on upload. The file I have been trying to upload is about 52mb and it is named zotero.sqlite. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues are welcome.
  • database disk image is malformed
    Your database is corrupted. This generally happens from having your Zotero data directory in a cloud storage folder.

Your best bet is to try to get the upload to the DB Repair Tool to go through. What error message are you receiving? Did you try zipping the file first?

Otherwise, you'll need to follow the manual instructions given there or restore your database from a backup. (If you did have your database on a cloud storage folder, while that likely caused the corruption, the one upside is that you may be able to restore from an earlier version.)