Multiple Problems with Two Libraries

I have a few files in "My Library" and also have a "Group Library" that is huge. I had created the group library for specific students of mine to access as they worked at uploading the digital sources I have into Zotero. I thought that what was in the Group Library would be in My Library too, but now realize they're totally separate. I want to move the Group Library contents to My Library, and then delete the Group Library. I found directions in this forum for doing that and it says to export the library to be moved in an RDF file, email to myself, and then import into the correct library.
If I do that, will exporting move or copy the data in the Group Library? I'm really scared of losing all of this data that was entered over several months.
  • I found directions in this forum for doing that and it says to export the library to be moved in an RDF file, email to myself, and then import into the correct library.
    I'm not sure what you're referring to, but that's definitely not our standard advice.

You can just drag all the collections from your group library to your personal library, and then drag any items in Unfiled Items as well.