ID:1175892932

Hi,
I got the following error message af sync time:

Mailformed UTF-8 character sequence at offset 1.

[JavaScript Error: "malformed UTF-8 character sequence at offset 1" {file: "resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_unix_front.jsm" line: 769}]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/P35DSLWD failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "malformed UTF-8 character sequence at offset 8" {file: "resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_unix_front.jsm" line: 769}]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/PTIYUF9L failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "malformed UTF-8 character sequence at offset 1" {file: "resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_unix_front.jsm" line: 769}]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/PR8U5GFQ failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/QCMBIP4X failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/R4BSEMYQ failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/T7B9GD9C failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/UZ8HHK4B failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "malformed UTF-8 character sequence at offset 12" {file: "resource://gre/modules/osfile/osfile_unix_front.jsm" line: 769}]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/VV5IUQMM failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/XA4BSMMA failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/ZZ3S992T failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/UUUH89S4 failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "Download request 1/DI7A26PD failed"]

version => 5.0.70, platform => Linux x86_64, oscpu => Linux x86_64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.70, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.19.SA.5.0.70, extension)

Do you know how I can solve this ?

Cheers,
  • Something is preventing Zotero from being able to create filenames with extended characters (which were presumably created successfully on another computer). What distro is this? Is there anything unusual about your setup?
  • Hello,
    The computer where I got this problem has a CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core) distro, and the other computer (where everything works fine) uses ubuntu 18.04.1 LT. About the setup of Zotero in the Centos computer I think that the only unusual thing is that I have to install Zotero without root permission, so every time I start Zotero I have to go the folder and run it by command line like ./zotero &
    I hope this helps
  • What about the filesystem? Filesystem encryption?
  • Hi,
    About the Filesystem, I have this information:

$ df -Th | grep "^/dev"
    /dev/sda5 xfs 20G 13G 7.4G 63% /
    /dev/sda7 xfs 307G 39G 268G 13% /fs/posgrado16/other0

About the filesystem encryption, I don't know what you mean with that question. Do you want to know if the disk is encrypted ? or What excatly do you want to know?
    Cheers,
  • Do you want to know if the disk is encrypted ?
    Sure. But it's just a suggestion. Zotero isn't able to write files with extended characters in the filename to disk. That obviously works for most people, but for some reason it's not working for you, so you'll need to figure out what about your Linux install is breaking that.