Notes button is greyed out

Hi. My Notes button is greyed out, whether or not I"ve selected a library item. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm using Zotero on Safari app (with DuckDuckGo) on an iPad Pro. Thanks so much.
  • Could you describe where exactly you're looking -- since there is no Zotero app for iPad, I'm a bit confused.
  • It's just a tab open to Zotero.org, on the Safari app which is running with a DuckDuckGo plugin. Hope that helps, and thanks!
  • So you mean you click on "Edit item" and then the "Add Note" button?

And is this for "My Library" or a group? Can you do the same thing successfully on a desktop?
  • It's for My Library. I don't see an Edit item option: all are buttons and the only ones working are to add, to export, to trash or to cite. Maybe what I think is the Note button is an edit button? Though it looks just like the icon in the Notes Documentation. Either way it's greyed out. I don't have a desktop or laptop, I'm working only on an iPad. Thanks again
  • Wait, apologies, the greyed out button might be the edit button afterall! A page with a pencil.
  • I got it now. The icon is just a plus sign, not like in the Documentation. It seems to be working fine as well. Thank you for helping me!
  • Just to clarify, all the documentation is about the Zotero software — which is generally the "Zotero" that people are referring to. It sounds like you're using the online library on zotero.org. Until the Zotero iOS comes out, you don't have a choice if you're only using an iPad, but you should realize that your experience isn't the full Zotero experience and won't resemble any documentation that you see.