The Full History of a Translated Volume in SBL2 style

Hi, I am using the SBL2 style and I need to properly cite the full history of a translated volume. The SBL2 manual, p. 85 says that when citing the full history of a translated volume, the format should look like this:

3. Julius Wellhausen, Prolegomena to the History of Ancient Israel (New York: Meridian Books, 1957), 296; repr. of Prolegomena to the History of Israel, trans. J. Sutherland Black and A. Enzies, with preface by W. Robertson Smith (Edinburgh: Black, 1885); trans. of Prolegomena zur Geschichte Israels, 2nd ed. (Berlin: Reimer, 1883).
Julius Wellhausen, Prolegomena to the History of Ancient Israel. New York: Meridian Books, 1957. Reprint of Prolegomena to the History of Israel. Translated by J. Sutherland Black and A. Enzies, with preface by W. Robertson Smith. Edinburgh: Black, 1885. Translation of Prolegomena zur Geschichte Israels. 2nd ed. Berlin: Reimer, 1883.

Is there a way to use Zotero's SBL2 style to achieve the above format?

(I tried using the CSL tags "original-date" and "medium" in the Extra field, but the output was incorrect.)
  • No, sorry, that degree of multi-level complexity isn't possible with CSL/Zotero. The best recommendation I can give is to enter the whole string in Extra using 'medium", then manually add the italics after inserting the citation/bibliography.

(The SBL2 style isn't currently set up to use any 'orginal-' variables at all. That could potentially be added, but there are a limited number of such variables available, so full accommodation of this requirement isn't going to be possible.)