zotero integration error

error report ID: 519122304

Unable to edit citations, repeatedly get "unable to update document:"
unable to isolate a particular citation - seems to be occuring to most but not all citations
do not have track changes on
no updates available for zotero
tried copy and paste to another new document , was okay for one group citation correction, then same error
realised I had lacked storage, and had not been syncing to web site, so paid for extra and now is syncing.
  • I have updated storage and synced to web, but still cannot update citations
  • @adomasven might have another suggestion here, but you see the Debugging Broken Documents steps again, and the last one in particular. As noted there, unless it still happens after completely clearing the copy of the document, there's more you can do to locate the broken citation.

This wouldn't be related to storage at all.
  • Thank you .. I found the broken citation
  • Hey,

Having the same problem. I have followed protocol according to Step 9 'Isolate the problematic citation' on the Troubleshooting errors in word processor documents. Despite deleting half the document, then attempting to add/edit a new citation, I received the message below:

Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

Would you like to view troubleshooting instructions?

Indeed I then tried the final step, but on the second half of the document, and received the same message. I have also followed all of the steps (1-8) on the same page as Step 9 and still have no luck.

I reinstalled the Word Plugin from Zotero (and restarted Word), also fruitless. I have also saved my word document onto my desktop (none of this pesky iCloud shennanigery), and even gone as far as restarting my laptop to get it all working. None of it seems to be helping though. Still getting errors.

Runnning macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Microsoft Word for Mac 16.16.11 (190609), and Zotero 5.0.69

Any help is appreciated.
  • Indeed I then tried the final step, but on the second half of the document, and received the same message.
    Right, so then just cut either of those halves in half and keep going. Again, unless you can completely clear the document and the problem still occurs, you'll find the problematic section very quickly this way.